Why do universities use Drupal for higher education websites?
Drupal is a popular CMS for higher education websites because it offers a lot of features and functionality that universities need, including:
- Content management. Drupal is a powerful content management system that makes it easy to create, manage, and publish content on a website.
- Community building. Drupal has a large and active community of users and developers, which means that there is a lot of documentation, tutorials, and support available.
- Customization. Drupal is a highly customizable CMS, which means that universities can tailor it to their specific needs.
- Security. Drupal is a secure CMS with a strong track record of security updates.
- SEO. Drupal is optimized for search engines, which means that universities can rank higher in search results pages (SERPs).
- Scalability. Drupal is a scalable CMS that can handle large amounts of traffic and data.
- Accessibility. Drupal is an accessible CMS that can be used by people with disabilities.
In addition, Drupal is a free and open-source software, which means that there are no licensing fees and universities can access the source code. This makes it easy to customize Drupal to meet their specific needs.